Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Carl Bro Challenge: Dublin

A couple of weeks ago I went on a work trip to Dublin. I was very lucky to be included because I couldn’t decide whether or not I was going until the last week. It was mainly a concern of money that was keeping me in Glasgow – but it was definitely money well spent!!! I would have paid that money to have that experience with those great people, no matter how financially insecure my future is, all over again!

I’m not sure what to say except that we had such fun! Lots of laughter, drinking, dancing and gymnastics.

On the Friday we went to The Brazen Head, the oldest pub in Dublin where we were fed Irish Stew and Beer. I am ashamed to say that I didn’t have any Guinness, shame on me I know. What fun, apart from Jeff trying to get himself run over on the way home.

Saturday was football day. Everyone was tired and hung over, but hats ff to the boys, they still managed to play five games of football. They even won a match or two!!!

Viki and I entertained ourselves by doing gymnastics and creating an obstacle course. This involved doing tumble-over-your-wulkies. For those of you that have no idea what I’m talking about this is the Scottish playground name for doing a forward roll over a monkey bar. The next thing was to do the windy-run (as in twist, not a gale) while being careful not to get attacked by the trees. The second run was the “knees up” run, still keeping an eye on those sneaky trees. The final part involved doing cartwheels back to the side of the football pitch. And yes, we were asked how old we were when were caught in the act.

That night we went off to a club for curry, a free bar and dancing. It was great until they let the general public into the bar. Not that there is anything wrong with the general public, it just made the DJ think he could play the same music over and over and, due to the influx of people, no one would notice.

A tip for any men intending to go to Dublin in a Kilt: The men were swamped with Irish Lasses trying to get their hands up their kilts. If this appeals to you give it a try, if it doesn’t, under no circumstances should you go out in a Kilt!

On Sunday I met up with Jenny, my friend from school. She took me out for a walk in the grounds of a castle. It was lovely to see her again.

Dublin is great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home